Monday, July 22, 2013

Deals and Steals - Bonobos Oxleys

In an effort to always be improving the Wide Eyes, Tight Wallets site, I was recently thinking about what my favorite blogs have that we don't. One of the biggies that came to my mind was updates on great sales or bargains to be found. If any of you read the great work over at Dappered, you'll know what I'm talking about. I love their 'roundups' and other similar posts because not only does it suggest what to buy, it tells me where to find it for a steal. So voila, new 'series' on Wide Eyes, Tight Wallets. To put my own spin on things (well to some extent, I'm sure others out here do this too) I'll be focusing on items that I myself am purchasing. Today, I'm finally taking the plunge for a pair of Oxleys from Bonobos.



My first Bonobos purchase, this has been a long time coming. Not only have I heard only good things about Bonobos in general, but there has been a plethora of rave reviews for this specific pair of pants. I've honestly been drooling over these since they hit the inventory this spring, but the regular price of $98.00 was alas too steep for my blood. Thank god for summer sales though, as these bad boys are currently discounted down to $48.00, which is do-able enough, but then add in the extra-30%-off-summer-sale-discount (code HEATWAVE30) and these suddenly become only $33.60. Free shipping both ways is just the icing on the cake.



I went for this pair in blue...it was between this and the white. I went with blue mainly because I have a few white summer-weight shirts that I definitely would want to wear with these. Easy enough. My only worry is that the only the straight leg version was available in my size, rather than the slim straight. Normally, I only buy slim, but the straight leg doesn't look too wide, and the free shipping and free returns make this a pretty risk-free purchase. I'll let you folks know how they turn out!


Final note: I actually gotta give Dappered extra props because the original extra-25%-off code that I was planning to use for these pants expired before I made the purchase. I thought I was out of luck, until I saw the feature on the new 30%-off code on Dappered. Head over to their article for some other great picks as well.


Feel free to use the comments section to share any recent purchase of your own, or to point me (and everyone else) in the direction of other great buys!

No comments:

Post a Comment