Monday, June 24, 2013

More Shoe Candy...

First off: I know things have been pretty slow on Wide Eyes, Tight Wallets over the past week or two. Unfortunately, it looks like this is going to keep up for a bit longer. I'm having some technical issues (aka my computer is on the fritz) which, combined with a hectic schedule, are going to keep me from giving my full attention to the blog. So, until things settle down a bit, I will sadly only be able to offer sporadic posts (but I promise to write as often as I can).

On the plus side, I do have a full-length post that should be ready to roll out tomorrow, and in the meantime I have this little juicy tidbit for all you readers out there:

I tweeted about this a while ago, but I'm not sure how many of you got to check out the summer sale at MR PORTER. MR PORTER has a pretty incredible selection of drool-worthy menswear apparel and accessories. Unfortunately, most of it tends to be waaaay out of my price range, and they rarely offer any sales. The good news? This is one of those times, and while the sale is nearly over, there is still a very decent selection of much-more-affordable-than-usual goods to be found. When I saw the sale go up, these brown Sperry Topsiders were actually the very first thing to catch my eye. 

But alas, they were also one of the very first things to sell out (well, actually JUST my size sold out, and pretty instantly). Therefore you can imagine my giddiness when, all of the sudden, MR PORTER restocked...in my size only. In fact, when I got on the site, there was only one shoe left in any size, and it just happened to be mine. Now, to be honest, I screwed the pooch on this one a bit...in my haste to snag these before any other lucky bastard could put them in his cart first, I accidentally ordered expedited shipping. MR PORTER normally ships free (one of the things I love most about shopping there), but the $20 overnight shipping kinda put a dent in my excited over the savings. Silver lining was I got these shoes in just one day, and honestly, I'm just glad to have them. They still ended up being a bit cheaper than full price, and you really can't go wrong with a pair of classic brown leather Sperry Topsiders.





Now, I think these leather guys are all gone for good now, but there are still some canvas Topsiders left for ONLY $40!! Someone go buy them...if I hadn't just blown my shoe budget on these, I'd be grabbing a pair for myself. Check the other sale items as well, you might find that high-end piece you've been pining for, and it might for once actually be in your budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment