Friday, November 15, 2013

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 11/15/13

We're back with more! A recap from last week: Every Friday, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!

For this weekend:

J.Crew Cord in Vintage 484 Fit
Ok, first of all, just check out the entire J.Crew sale. Through the 18th, they are offering 40% off all sale items with code STYLETIME, and some of the deals have been ridonkulous (sp?). They've even been peppering in free shipping codes over the past few days, so keep an eye out. One of my favorite picks are these apple-red cords.


If you haven't been following the 'fall essentials' buzz that everyone preaches this time of year, cords are all over everyone's lists. This pair is especially festive, but I personally don't think they are too loud for regular wear. The 484 fit is supposedly one of the most flattering fits out there, and it's high on my to-do list to check them out (plus they have tons of sizes available). The sale drops these from an original $75 down to JUST $39! Damn, just had to read that again and pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.


Polo Ralph Lauren Casserton Suede Chukka Boot
Chukka suggestions two weeks in a row? You bet your boots! See what I did there? All kidding aside, this is another pair of really sharp desert boots, and at $79.99 (down from $109), the price can't be beat. The suede has a lovely rich nap, and I'm especially partial to this brown version, but the blue and green options would make for stand-out but still classy footwear).


The rubber outsole won't dirty as quickly as the crepe soles that come on a lot of Clark's, and I'd say the profile is a little sleeker as well. I already have a pair of chukkas, but I'm damn tempted to get these, and they are at the very least making my holiday wish-list.


Banana Republic Grey Donegal Topcoat
Still shopping around for your winter outerwear? You're running out of time fast, but don't worry, cuz so am I. Banana Republic is running one of their (relatively common) 30% off codes (valid only on full-priced items), which knocks this Donegal wool topcoat down to around $208 from an original $300.

$208 is still not pocket change, but a topcoat is something worth investing in, and this particular one has gotten tons of good press, including several GQ mentions. I actually will be featuring it as well in a post that is part of an upcoming project with Cladright (a course-based menswear program by Barron Cuadro of Effortless Gent). Keep an eye out for more info (ONE eye, since I'm catching up wit the Governor in The Walking Dead as I write this).


Pretty much anything from the new SuitSupply Outlet
SuitSupply makes some gorgeous suits, and has a great rep in the menswear world, but most of their stuff is just a tad bit out of my price range. Enter their outlet store, JUST launched last week. I'm not picking out a single recommendation per se, but only because (as an outlet store), availability comes and goes pretty quick and is very dependent on your sizing. My current favorite, however, is this Copenhagen suit in navy plain linen:



Linen? In winter? Yes, because, kind of by definition, the outlet offers off-season items at a huge discount. Use code EARLYACCESS to gain entry and check out the selection in your size, and try not to blow through your life savings buying everything they offer. Suits run around $250 (which is un-freakin-believable), and blazers are around $150, but they also have shirt, sweater, outerwear, and accessory offerings as well. Be sure to take advantage of their very comprehensive fit guide when ordering.


The Icon Blazer by Almond Surfboards & Designs
First off, gotta give props to Well-Spent for finding this sucker. Yeah, it's a pretty casual blazer, but damn is it cool. Made out of Denim French Terry, Almond says this will age and develop patina just like your favorite pair of jeans. The slightly rougher fabric, combined with the unstructured, unlined construction give a blazer a touch of work-wear attitude that I can totally get on board with:

This one isn't on sale, but still clocks in at an incredibly affordable $98.00. Beware the combined alpha-sizing and lack of sizing chart...I'd say try to shoot them an e-mail before buying to make sure you get your fit right. Also, I'm guessing the Terry cloth will give this a bit of a stretch, plus the unstructured cut will form to your body, so I'd steer slim on this, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment