Thursday, November 21, 2013

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 11/22/2013

Back at it again. To recap: "Every Friday, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

This weeks Deals and Steals:

Lived-In Slim Moleskin Pants by Gap
Damn, I'm really happy I found this one, might be scooping it myself. I've been on the hunt for an affordable pair of moleskin pants, these might be the ones. Moleskin is a fantastic cool-weather fabric. It's warmer than flannel, with a similar 'brushed' texture, but much more durable. Think canvas, if it was as soft and fuzzy as flannel.

From the looks of the site, these will fit similar to the slim chinos, which are my go-to from Gap. The current 40% off regular styles with code GAPEARLY knocks these down to under $40, which is great for ANY pants. Sign up for the credit card (no commitment as far as I can tell, I did this for a deal earlier this year), and get a full 50% off. The code is site-wide on full-price items, so browse around.


Suede Norbeck Boot by Ralph Lauren
More boots, more Ralph Lauren. Deal with it. I actually saw this on Dappered.com, in all fairness, but I'm horribly tempted to buy these, and probably will. I've been looking for a pair of semi-casual boots for dealing with Chicago winters, and these may fit the bill. I love the moc toe, the color will go great with dark jeans, and the $90 price tag (down from close to $200) can't be beat.


My only hesitation is suede and wintry weather can sometimes be at odds. But really, I can waterproof and winterize these puppies and just stick to something else on really nasty days. Anyone else have any thoughts on them? The rest of the deets: this discount is part of their Thanksgiving sale, which also includes free shipping (extra bonus point to RL).


Quilted Layering Vest by J.Crew Factory
Ok, I definitely was all about this just two days ago in our most recent post, but I didn't realize just how discounted these were right now until I was wrapping that post up. This vest has been such a huge item for me, I had to include it here and bring to y'alls attention again.


You can get all the juicy details and styling suggestions here. Beyond that, All you need to know is that this beauty is also offered in grey and is currently part of the everything included in their '40% off everything sale,' which brings this vest, originally $74.50, down to only $44.50, and for some context, I paid $60 for mine and still thought it was a great deal. Yup, wore mine today.


Tweed Jacket/Blazer by UNIQLO
Honestly, I would have included this one even if it was at full price. $100 for a tweed jacket is fantastic, $80 is even better. I had great luck with a Uniqlo blazer over the summer and would expect nothing less from one of these.
GQ even gave this some play very recently, so it's endorsed by the pros, it's THE all-time fabric for fall and winter, and it's dirt cheap. What's not to love?

Last but not least:

The Gentleman's Deck by Frausto & Co.
Not a sale, but still a steal. This is a perfect gift for your sartorially inclined friend that you don't want to spend $60+ on for a nice tie, but who you know will be able to recognize and be disappointed by anything remotely subpar. These cards are exactly what they are called:


Classy, informative, and a nice touch for a dapper dude to pull out on a guys night. And after all, that's what all of this is all about, right? Being a gentleman? Swing this gift for a mere $15.95, game over.

No comments:

Post a Comment