Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bean Boots - A Ringing Endorsement

I had the great pleasure of heading to friend's very remote (but very comfortably furnished) cabin in the Poconos in PA. I grew up camping all the time, but haven't really gotten away from city life for years, so I wildly enjoyed being out in nature. Admittedly, we spent most of our time hanging around the cabin, playing with the dogs and drinking, but my girlfriend and I did get away for a few walks in the woods. When I took the pup along the stream and let him play in the water, I remembered just how damn much I love my L.L. Bean Boots, hence this enthusiastic endorsement and post:


So what's so great about Bean boots? Sure, I personally love the style that just oozes classic North-Eastern prep, but it really just comes down to how indestructible they are.


I love rocking nice shoes - Allen Edmond's brogues, suede Ralph Lauren boots, sharp leather sneakers, the like. But I'm always so worried that I'm going to scrape or scuff them, or ruin the suede when it unexpectedly rains, or that I'm even just going to come home with cold, wet feet.


With Bean boots, I just walk through whatever is in front of me, not a care in the world. They are waterproof to an extreme, even up through the leather upper. They are tough as nails and hold up against pretty much any hazard you'll encounter, in the woods or the city. And still, comfortable, relatively lightweight, and better and better as they age.


Anyway, I'm 100% sure my afternoon wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable without these bad boys on my feet, so here's a ringing endorsement for all things Bean boots (they have a number of variations, all pretty equally awesome) from Wide Eyes, Tight Wallets.

A Few Logistical Notes:
As mentioned above, there are several variations available. I personally have the 6 inch, unlined option:

Men's 6" Bean Boots | L.L. Bean - $99.00
While insulated boots (like these, or even these) will be warmer through the winter, I've found that the right socks make mine just as warm, and I can still wear them through the rest of the year in wet conditions. You can opt for a different height as well, but just know that taller boots will be harder/more time consuming to put on. Last, these run pretty damn large - I took a full size down and can still fit them with pretty heavy socks, but they aren't falling off when I wear something thinner when it's not so cold. At the very least, read the sizing guidelines carefully. And don't be afraid to take advantage of their free shipping to find the perfect fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment