Monday, April 1, 2013

What Might Have Been...(redux)

Last month I wrote a post about another blog title that I had tried to use (‘Tie One On’) but was already taken. Today, as I woke up with a hacking cough and horrible heartburn (sexy, no?) I harkened back to another (brilliant, I thought) blog title that was, alas, not to be. After ‘Tie One On’ came up as spoken for, I was inspired to name my blog ‘I Look Like’ and even got so far as drafting an explanation for the name before I bothered to check the availabilty (it was a frustrating night). Here was what I came up with:

I always try to have a goal, as random or unrealistic as it may be, that I want my clothes to accomplish on any given day. I often ask my girlfriend on my way out the door “Do I look like I deserve a raise today?” or “Do I look like I should win with that Powerball ticket I bought?”

I try to stay positive, at the worst “Do I look like I deserve to be given the day off?” when I feel like hell or “Do I look like I’m important enough to be left alone all day?” if I’m feeling particularly grumpy, or it’s a Monday. BUT I didn’t like “Do I Look Like?” by itself, it sounded too…unconfident (I KNOW that’s not a word, but I like it).

Therefore I will put my own ‘zest’ of life-coaching and call this “I Look Like” as a reminder that you should proudly look in that mirror and the morning and declare in your douchiest voice “I Look Like Someone Sexy”!

It’s also a reminder that every once in a while yes, you look like - shit.

So today I woke up, showered, got dressed, and asked my lovely girlfriend, “Do I look like I won’t cough up a lung today?” It’s just one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment