Friday, August 1, 2014

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 8/1/2014

Been a hectic week, so I apologize for the delay getting these deals out to y'all. And just a word of warning, got a very busy schedule coming up through August, so posts might be a tad less frequent. Just a tad! OK, here we go:

"Every weekend, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

This week I tried to stray away from the go-to's (J.Crew, Bonobos, Frank & Oak, etc.) and shake things up a bit. Here's what I found:

Clearance at Land's End Canvas:
Man, the LEC line from Land's End (their younger, trimmer line, similar to Brooks Brothers Red Fleece) has some really solid stuff, often significantly marked down. I really gotta get into a store and try some things on, as my only hesitation is in not being 100% of my sizing. That said, there's plenty I would grab, from simple staples to a few fun pieces. Among the staples, of course, are their OCBD's:

Oxford Cloth Shirts in Solid, Stripe, and Gingham | Land's End Canvas
Available in solids, stripes, and one checked pattern, these cover all the bases and clock in at just $25 (on sale from $40) - less than even Uniqlo. Don't think much more needs to be said - if these fit trim like described, I'd grab one in each color. Easy.

Another fine-looking staple comes in the form of their slim-fit chinos:
Comer 608 Slim Fit Chinos | Land's End Canvas
These are ranging from $20 to $30 (originally $58), depending on the color. And speaking of color, I love that they have a wide variety of options, yet none are scream-in-your-face bold, and all are versatile. Definitely check out the selection. I've heard great things about the fit as well. I also noticed these 'Jeanos,' which I'm thinking might be very similar to the Dockers Alpha Khakis - jean-like in texture, but chino-like in fit and details.

For something more playful and fun, check out this madras short-sleeved popover, which I would be tempted to wear every damn day in the summer:

Short Sleeve Madras Popover | Land's End Canvas
Just $25 (regularly $40), this may be the most affordable popover I've seen yet. I'm digging a few other items as well, like this printed poplin shirt, which is bold, but a bit darker, and may be perfect for fall - or this french terry chore coat, which is a nice reference to the indigo workwear styles coming out of Japan.


Men's Sale Section at Uniqlo:
Sticking with standard promotions (as opposed to seasonal sales or coded discounts), Uniqlo is always worth checking out as they rotate a ton of discounted items through their sale section on a regular basis. I took a look today and found some gems, including a bunch of the Uniqlo x Michael Bastian polos from earlier this year, like this one in red stripes:

Washed Short Sleeve Polo Shirt | Uniqlo x MB
I love the button-down collars on these things, and the contrasting collar/placket are an interesting detail. This years selection is decidedly more bold than last year's, so this might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's worth checking out all the available patterns - especially since they are marked down to $15 from an already-affordable $23.

Also in the sale section is this 'Cord Lane' blazer:
Cord Lane Slim Fit Blazer | Uniqlo
Not quite seersucker, it definitely has the same vibe - think summer in the south, but in a trim fit that's more urban than country-dandy. 100% cotton and partially lined = sure to be a winner, and only $30 (down from $70).


Extra 25% off Site-Wide at G.H. Bass:
We'll close out with two pairs of shoes. G.H. Bass's Weejuns loafers are considered by many to be the original penny loafer, and are my go-to for a classic American-prep shoe. I have a pair in burgundy that I wear all the time, but I've been on the hunt for some in tan suede. And voila, G.H. Bass delivers:
Nubuck Weejuns | G.H. Bass

Even at full price ($108), these shoes are very affordable, especially considering the quality and durability compared to other footwear at the same price point. These are marked down to $80 already, and the additional markdown lands them at a uber-cheap $60 a pair. Grab some while they last!


NEW Clearance Section at Sperry:
My go-to for boat shoes has just launched a clearance section! It's not wildly stocked at the moment, but I like the chances of some of the more classic styles ending up here during the off-season. Meanwhile, you can find some of the funkier color-ways in here now, like these in blue, which are marked down to $60 from an original retail price of $90:
Authentic Original Color Pop 2-Eye Boat Shoe | Sperry Top-Sider
I also like these boat-shoe-style chukkas, in tan with yellow accents, and just $55 (originally $100):
Authentic Original Color Pop Chukka Boot | Sperry Top-Sider
Like I said, not the most traditional colors, but those may end up in there after summer closes out.


Welp, that's it for the week. Scoring anything sweet this weekend? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment