Tuesday, March 11, 2014

On Tuxedos and Underwear - Featuring 2(X)IST

A few weeks ago, the interweb was all atwitter (yes, mainly on Twitter), over Bradley Cooper's recent visit to the White House. People weren't worked up over why he was there, or what he did there, but instead with his wardrobe choices. Well, one in particular. Apparently, Coop recently gained some weight for a role, and forgot to try his tux on before his appearance. Alas, it turned out to be a bit snug, apparently snug enough that he couldn't fit his damn underwear on underneath, and had to go commando. To the White House. With the President. Woof.

Anyway, it was just an amusing story, but then underwear brand 2(X)IST contacted me just a few days later to see if I was interested in trying out one of their new collections for a post here on the blog. Honestly, I don't really know how to 'review' underwear (it fits? keeps things in place?), and most of mine is from Target, but it turned out one of their collections was 'tuxedo' underwear (reportedly red-carpet-ready), and I immediately thought of Mr. Cooper and had to say yes.

The Tux Collection (plus socks) by 2(X)IST
Sorry, not posting pics of myself in my undies. We'll just pretend that's me. See the individual pictures below.
In all truth, the collection is a bit...gimmicky, haha. The socks have rhinestone-like jewels running up the side, the shirts have satin trimming, and the briefs have the satin stripe down the side (EDIT: It actually looks like the socks are part of a separate, but also new collection, available exclusively through Saks Fifth Avenue). Obviously, these aren't really functional additions, and not many people are going to actually see your drawers (and really, I'm not sure I'd want them to see these socks). However, the undergarments are very comfortable, and most importantly, fit very close to the skin. Maybe Bradley Cooper could have shimmied these under his too-tight-tux? I'd say it'd at least be worth a try!

All black-tie-fun aside, I'm honestly pretty impressed with these basics. The underwear is snug but not tight, and keeps all your 'stuff' in the right place. The shirts remind me of my Tommy John shirts, which are my favorite undershirts...the fit is slimmer (again, close to the body, and also long enough to stay tucked), but the fabric is a bit more luxurious. True, this ends up meaning a bit more bulk, and I'm interested to see if they are too warm in the summer, but so far they're just damn comfortable. Besides staying hidden, what more can you want from undergarments? 


Thanks to 2(X)IST for sending these along, and to Bradley Cooper for the laugh.
Studded Socks

'Tuxedo' Boxer Brief

'Tuxedo' Undershirt

This was a sponsored article, and the products reviewed were provided to me free of charge. The article, however, remains objective and unbiased and is published without prior editing or review by 2(XIST). While I love to be given products to review, don't worry, I will never endorse a product I wouldn't wear myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment