Friday, March 7, 2014

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 3/7/2014

You guys know the story by now: "Every weekend, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

Today, I'm blogging with a headache, so I'm keeping the descriptions minimal, but I wanted to get this out cuz there are some hella nice deals this week:

Up to 60% Off 'Fall Items' at GANT:
I put 'Fall Items' in quotes because there are a lot of pretty spring-y pieces available as well. Like these canvas chinos, at $66 (originally %165):

Canvas Chino | GANT Rugger
Sure, canvas is probably going to be a bit heavier of a cloth, but the color is definitely all spring. The faded red is a great way to add some color without rocking in-your-face go-to-hell pants. 

Also, this is pretty much the perfect dress shirt:

The Pinpoint Oxford Fitted Spread Collar | GANT
Marked down from $115 to $46, it's incredibly affordable, and incredibly versatile.


Extra 40% Off at Club Monaco (code MARCH):
They say orange is the color of the spring season, and like the canvas pants above, this slim-fit chino in a slightly darker shade is a good way to give it a try without getting too bright:

Lightweight Davis Chino | Club Monaco
The extra discount knocks these down to only $11.40 - enough said.

I'm not sure if I would have normally picked this merino polo, but I saw a similar piece featured on another style blog recently and really liked the way it looked, so I'd be up to give it a try:

Merino Polo | Club Monaco
It looks light enough to wear into the spring, and at $23.40, it would be a low-risk move to make.


Extra 40-50% Off Sale Items at J.Crew:
J.Crew has a ton of crazy good deals right now, and I had a hard time narrowing it down. I ended up going for one warm-weather pick to look forward to spring, and one cold-weather pick to continue to deal with this winter. For the rest of these cold months, this quilted jacket will make the perfect layering piece:
Quilted Shirt-Jacket | J.Crew

I've actually had my eye on this for a while, but the normal $168 was a bit too much to stomach. The current discount has it down to $80, which is much more do-able for a spring jacket.

For whenever it finally gets warm, J.Crew has a ton of classy but interesting swim shorts in a variety of lengths, sizes and colors, so you can look for your own needs. My personal favorites are these seersucker shorts:

9" Board Short in Seersucker | J.Crew
These are on sale for $21, regularly $69.50. Unfortunately, they don't have my size, so I'll keep looking.


Sea Vees via Huckberry:
I guess you could call Huckberry a flash sale site, but the collections are much more focused on quality, and a little less on crazy discounts. So you get things like these Sea Vees sneakers designed by Todd Snyder:
Army Issue Low by Todd Snyder | Sea Vees via Huckberry
White canvas sneakers are a classic for spring and summer, and the rugged laces on these are an awesome detail. The markdown isn't huge, but $74 really isn't bad, and still better than the original $92.

Alright, I'm out. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment