Thursday, September 4, 2014

Deals And Steals for the Weekend - We're Back!!

Holy cow folks, it feels like forever since I've posted - and it kinda has been! And I apologize for the lack of action over the past few days (and the slow movement over the few weeks before that) - as I mentioned the other day, I've been hard at work orchestrating a transition from the great city of Chicago to the great(er? - not to ruffle anyone's feathers...) city of New York! But now I'm here, I have Wi-Fi (and air conditioning, not sure which is more important right now), so it's time to get back on track.

I'll definitely be working on some NYC-specific things soon (especially as I might have the chance to hit up some NYFW events over the next week), and also have some great brand showcases/reviews on the way, but for now, I'm diving back into our regular schedule with an all-new Deals and Steals:

"Every weekend, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

Even though it's like, 90 degrees in NYC, I'm getting pumped for fall, so this week we're highlighting some great cool-weather options as we start looking forward to those lower temps. And we're off:


Men's Knitwear Sale from Woolovers:
If you're anything like me, one of your favorite things about winter layering is sweaters - lambswool, merino, and cashmere...cable knits, fair isle prints, and chunky cardigans. You name it, I'll wear it. Unfortunately, most of these are damn hard to find at a price that won't break your budget. Enter Woolovers - a brand hyped up a lot on menswear forums that I'm excited to try this season. Specializing specifically in knitwear, they offer a ton of great styles at ridiculously affordable prices. Even better, right now they have a sale going on with even lower discounts. For example, this Nordic Fair Isle is clocking in at just $44 (and is regularly only $52):
Nordic Fair Isle Sweater | Woolovers
I love the colors, the heavier weight, and of course the classic (but not too funky) pattern.

Likewise, they've got your Aran sweaters covered as well (and those tend to be even more expensive at other retailers):
Aran Sweater | Woolovers
This one clocks in at just $44 as well. Reviews for these things ain't bad - apparently the wool is of decently good quality (especially for the price), and honestly I think the biggest risk is ending up with something a bit boxy or large. I've seen some folks recommend sizing down, and I think that will be my strategy. Regardless, these chunky sweaters shouldn't be super slim to begin with, so I'm definitely going to bite on a few in time for the fall/winter season.


Todd Snyder x Champion via HauteLook:
Coming at you from the Nordstrom-partnered (owned?) flash sale site (yep, gonna have to fork over your e-mail address for access to this one), HauteLook is offering up the incredibly-comfortable looking Todd Snyder x Champion collab at hugely discounted prices. I've had my eye on these crewneck sweatshirts since the collaboration came out last year, and here they are at finally affordable prices. There is a variety of colors, but my favorite is this one in grey:
Pocket Sweatshirt | Todd Snyder x Champion via HauteLook
The light color will contrast great with a pair of dark blue jeans, and the details like the chest pocket, raglan sleeves and contrasting trim set the sweatshirt apart from your garden variety options - all for just $60 (regularly $130).

If you're looking for a bit more style, check out this shawl-collar 'popover' sweatshirt they have as well:
Shawl Popover | Todd Snyder x Champion via HauteLook

I'm a big fan of shawl collars, but most of mine are on slightly-more-formal knitwear (sweaters, cardigans, etc.). That said, I'm digging this dressed down version, and the shawl is bound to keep you just a bit warmer when it (eventually) gets chilly. Normally a whopping $195, you can snag this one for just $80.

Check out the rest of the collection for more cozy sweatshirts, sweatpants, and some nice (but still pricey) varsity jackets. Also, I believe our referral link will get both of us $20 credit.


Imogene + Willie via Huckberry:
Now, I know that even at these discounted prices, these jeans are pretty damn pricey BUT, ever since I saw them featured on the Esquire Network's Alternate Route, I've wanted a pair, and this is one of the few times that I've seen their Barton line (my favorite) on sale. I could talk em up myself, but just watch the episode (linked above) and you'll see why I dig the brand. Huckberry is offering them in both slim and slim-straight, both for $220, down from $250:
Barton Slim | Imogene + Willie via Huckberry
Barton Slim-Straight | Imogene + Willie via Huckberry
Bonus: they have some gals options as well, which I wasn't aware of, in case your special lady needs a pair too. Check em out at the bottom of the page.


Uniqlo Selvedge Denim Promotion:
Of course, if $220 is too steep for a pair of jeans on your budget (as it is mine), Uniqlo has you covered. Even at the standard $50 price point, their selvedge is damn affordable, and has pretty good reviews as well. Now, you can grab a pair for only $40 as part of their weekly promotions, which is about as cheap as selvedge denim gets. Check them out in dark blue navy...

Slim-Straight Navy Selvedge Jeans | Uniqlo
...or a lighter faded blue (but not dad-jeans territory)...

Slim-Straight Blue Selvedge Jeans | Uniqlo
Bonus: Pick these up in-store for free hemming (one of the many reasons I'm excited to live in NYC, even though Chicago is supposedly getting a location next year).

And with that, I best be getting back to unpacking, before my lovely girlfriend comes home and sees how unproductive I've been today (eesh)!

No comments:

Post a Comment