Thursday, May 1, 2014

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 5/2/2014

Womp womp, it's almost the weekend! You know what that means:

"Every weekend, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

And we've got some really good ones this week:

Sale Items at Imogene + Willie:
I've been yearning after this brand ever since I saw them featured on ESQTV's Alternate Route. Unfortunately, their retail prices are a bit out of my budget. Fortunately, they have some really nice items in their sale section that are way more affordable. For example, I have my eye on this Henley, normally $145, but now just $40:


Men's Henley | Imogene + Willie
Sure, it's a basic item, but it hits all the right notes. It's slim fit, and looks to be just the right thickness for a spring layering piece. I also love the natural/ecru(?) color - although the styling on the model is a bit funky.

They also have this fantastic chambray shirt, which would make a solid casual option year round:


Carter Chambray | Imogene + Willie
I've professed my love for chambray in previous posts, so it's no surprise that a high-end chambray at an affordable price would catch my eye. This guy is regularly $225 (hot damn), but now you can grab one for only $40.

Promotional Prices at Uniqlo:
So, if that $40 chambray is still too steep for your taste, Uniqlo has you covered. Their chambrays start cheap at $30, but for a limited time are available for a pretty unbelievable $15. 


Chambray Long Sleeve Shirt | Uniqlo
At a glance, it's identical to the Willie + Imogene option. In reality, you'll be missing out on some of the details that make the I + W shirt so...well...awesome (double-needle chainstitch construction, bartack-reinforced chest pockets, genuine shell fisheye buttons...things I don't even necessarily understand but sound damn nice), but you still end up with a helluva nice looking shirt. Take note that it is not a slim fit, but I usually even get the slim options from Uniqlo taken in a bit, so it's not really an extra charge.

Now, I'm halfway pumped about this one and halfway pissed, cuz I literally just got this two weekends ago for full price...but I really can't be that upset since my lovely girlfriend bought it for me as a gift. Anyway, I think I raved enough last year about Uniqlo's linen/cotton blazers for you to have gotten the point. They are lightweight, super comfortable, and ridiculously affordable at just $70. Now, they're even more irresistible as they are knocked down to a crazy $50. All the linen/cotton options are on sale, and you can't go wrong with a solid (like the navy I bought last year), but my favorite is definitely the one my gal gifted, in a light blue houndstooth pattern:


Linen Cotton Slim Fit Jacket | Uniqlo
It's just enough of a pattern to be interesting, but not so bold that it's hard to wear. I've been rocking it with an OCBD and a knit tie, or even just a white henley, and feeling sharp while doing it. If/when they go out of stock, Uniqlo tends to be pretty slow to re-up, so grab one while you can.


Sale Items Up to 70% Off at GANT:
Like Imogene + Willie, GANT is a brand I really enjoy but can rarely afford, so I'm excited when I see things pop up in their sale section that I really like. This slim OCBD in an indigo madras-y plaid balances dress and casual (generally more laid back, but good enough to wear with a tie), as well as fall and spring, and we all know how much I value versatility:

Indigo Oxford Check Hugger Original Button Down | GANT
At $41, down from an original price of $135, it's definitely a steal and definitely within the range of do-able prices.

I'm also really digging these twill pants, mainly for the color, but also for the $54 price, regularly $180:

Stick Boy Broken Twill | GANT
The green is perfect for spring...it fits in great with the color schemes I discussed a few weeks ago - along the same lines as the hunter green that was all the rage in the fall, but injected with just enough brightness to match the improving weather.



Aaaaand I'm actually going to cut it short this week, cuz as I'm writing this on Thursday night, every other sale I was going to mention ends today. Sheesh!

I will give a quick plug though, I've just started taking advantage of the various discussion forums for purchasing items directly from other stylish gents - for example, I'm getting a pair of like-new, light rinse Levi's from a fella on Reddit for $10, shipped. Boom. You can also find guys selling things on StyleForum, Dappered's Threads, and (I believe a relatively new site) Grailed. Of course, selection is hit or miss, but if you're patient and diligent you'll get some damn good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment