Thursday, June 5, 2014

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 6/6/2014

Alrighty folks, it's that time of the week. I'm gonna keep it pretty short this week, got company coming in and our apartment is a bit of a mess, so I gotta wrap this up and get to work! So here we go:

"Every weekend, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"


Semi-Annual Sale at Mr. Porter:
This is one of the most highly anticipated sale events in the menswear world. Mr. Porter carries, like, exclusively cool stuff, but most of it is very high end and very expensive, so their semi-annual sales are sometimes the only chance for us budget-conscious shoppers to grab some of their dapper duds. Right now, discounts are up to 50%, but later in the sale you'll see them jump to 60% and even 70%, so expect to see us revisit this. This week, take a look through the J.Crew selection, which even at the lower discount becomes pretty damn affordable. Among the standouts to me was this madras-y popover:
Check Cotton Shirt | J.Crew via Mr. Porter
This hits all the right notes for a perfect casual summer shirt, plus, J.Crew's popover selection is kinda new and therefore often excluded from sales (and rarely in the clearance section), so the discounted price of $45 is hard to beat.

Also gotta point out this Ludlow suit in a beautiful glen plaid, which is a perfect follow up to our recent 'Know Your Pattern' feature. At full price, the suit will run you a hefty $678, but the sale has it down to $339 for both the jacket and pants:
Ludlow Slim-Fit Glen Plaid Suit | J.Crew via Mr. Porter
Ludlow suits are a go-to these days for gents liking a more modern, slim cut, but eager to avoid the chopped-jacket trend. I love the rich brown of this color, and while it might be a bit heavy for summer, it will look fantastic come fall. The link above will take you to the jacket, and you can find the matching pants here.

Just a few links to some other products I'm digging:
A nice casual cotton crewneck pullover that will be a perfect layering option for cooler summer evenings - $42.50 (originally $85)
A fair-isle patterned wool sweater that I was hunting for this winter, but never found at an affordable price - now just $60 (originally $120)
In a quick look beyond J.Crew, this Levi's Vintage T-shirt - sure, it's not cheap at $45 (down from $90), but I'm really liking the 50's retro feel, might be worth the extra dough.

Again, we'll be revisiting this sale in the future, so keep an eye out!


Extra 15% off at Kohl's:
Honestly, I've never shopped at Kohl's before, and never really considered it. However, my girlfriend has been working with them at her marketing firm and recommended I take a look - I was pleasantly surprised to see some nicely discounted Levi's and Dockers, which are two of my go-to's for jeans and khakis. I'm thinking about picking up this pair of Docker's (I believe they are Alpha Khakis - Kohl's has them listed as 'Slim Tapered Modern Khaki Pants' but they sure as heck look like the Alphas, and the 'Slim Tapered' fitting is consistent with the Alphas as well:
Alpha(?) Khaki in Ink | Dockers via Kohl's
They have a bunch of classic neutral colors, which are actually sometimes kinda hard to find. I'm particularly drawn to this 'Ink' color, which has a subtle grey tint to a darker blue, and clocks in at just $35 (originally $58). 


Effortless Gent Giveaway:
This last one is just straight up a steal, haha. I've mentioned before that I'm lucky to get to do some work helping Barron with Effortless Gent and his other project, Cladright, so I'm happy to spread the word about a killer giveaway he's running. Through Wednesday, June 11th, you can enter to win a pretty damn good-looking pair of loafers from up-and-comers Paul Evans: 

Even better, if you win, you get to take your pick of the four colors (my favorites are the tan fellas on the right). Head over to the site for information on how to enter!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment