Thursday, December 5, 2013

Deals and Steals for the Weekend - 12/6/2013

Back at it again. To recap: "Every Friday, check in on the blog for a collection of the best (read: my favorite) deals and steals on the interweb for some quality shopping over the weekend. Have any to add? Share them in the comments or shoot me an e-mail. Also, if you're biting on any of these hooks, I'd love to hear about it!"

This week's Deals and Steals:


Faribault Woolen Mills Scarves via Sierra Trading Post:
Now hot damn, this is a good deal. STP is one of those places that can be pretty shitty with just one look-through, but if you consistently browse through their constantly changing products, prices and discount codes, you can stumble across some fantastic finds. Like these scarves! Faribault Woolen Mills makes a variety of wool goods, with their throw blankets getting a lot of hype.

Awning Stripe Scarf | Faribault Woolen Mills
Personally, I think their line of scarves is a knockout (and would all make good gifts). Enough color and pattern to never be boring, but in classic and subtle presentations that will go with anything you're bundling yourself up in. The regular $55 price, while not astronomical, can be a turn-off, but STP has them down to just around $14, aaaaand I'm about to buy every single damn one. Get on this one, it probably won't last long.
Ed. Note: My friend Rachel Dunbar (the gal behind Style Steno) found code SFBTD12113 which drops these down to under $10. Thanks Rachel!!!


Bonobos Extra 25% Off Holiday Sale (code SPRUCEDUP):
Of course, there are a ton of good options here, so take some time and browse through. Bonobos does do sales every so often, so if you don't see something you like, come back later. Personally, there's plenty for me to like. I'm especially digging this brown cords, which (sale included) drop down to a mere $42 or so (plus free shipping, as always from Bonobos).

French Corders | Bonobos
The color is fantastic for the season. Plus, I've recently been turned into an avid fan of Bonobos Chinos, and if these fit as well as my chinos do, I'll never be unhappy with them. No experience with tops from Bonobos, but they seem to know what they are doing, so it could be worth checking out.


The Tie Bar via Nordstrom:
I shop The Tie Bar all the time. Sure, they aren't made by hand, or in America, and sure, some of the designs are a bit tacky. But they have a solid selection of 100% natural-fiber (read: no polyester) ties, all at $15. Add to that a slew of tie bars and clips, socks, scarves, shoelaces, cuff links, money clips, holy heck I can't even remember what else, and it's hard to resist. ANYWAY, point is, I stumble across some of their offerings at Nordstrom.

Winter Ties (my picks) | The Tie Bar via Nordstrom
Pricing is all comparable, if not exactly the same, so it may not seem like a big deal. BUT! First of all, lovely Nordstrom offers free shipping, so you can get these to your door without spending an extra dime. On top of that, I'm pretty sure some of the current offerings on Nordstrom are no longer available through The Tie Bar, so, boo ya.


So J.Crew and their Factory Outlet have been getting all sorts of creative with their codes these days. Right now, JCF is offering 50%-60% off EVERYTHING, plus an additional 15% off and free shipping with code 12DAYS. With all that stacking up, there's plenty worth shopping here.

Warmspun Colorblock Raglan Sweater | J.Crew Factory
This factory warmspun color-block sweater ($38 after discount) caught my eye and is now dangling in my cart...to buy or not to buy. I think the color-blocking definitely gives it a more casual edge, probably not appropriate under a suit or with a shirt and tie. For a casual piece, though, it's damn sharp (mmmm....burgundy....Homer Simpson noise...), and could give a huge boost to any other-wise lackluster weekend outfit. Plus it looks cozy, and the heat is off as I type this so...yup. 


Have yet to take a bite with this brand, but I've heard some good things and their stuff looks very stylish. It's all modern, but not as trendy, flashy or 'euro' as things from H&M or even ASOS. Right now their entire November Collection is heavily discounted. The selection isn't huge, but there are some solid picks, like this Slim-Fit Check Shirt down to $40 (I've been on the hunt for a over-sized plaid/check shirt myself):
Slim-Fit Check Shirt | H.E. By Mango
Also have had my eye on their outerwear. Most of it didn't make this sale, but for a casual but cozy look, I could see myself in one of these puffer jackets, down to $60:
Foldable Feather Down Coat | H.E. by Mango



So what are you waiting for, get shopping!!! And really, share any more good finds in the comments, I'd love to find MORE things to spend my money on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment